I was inspired today to take a picture of my journal and write this blog article. Since starting writing one over 25 years ago, I feel this small gesture helps me feel more connected, grounded and inspired in my personal life.
Studies have shown that people who journal are, on average, more relaxed and happier. The practice of keeping a regular gratitude journal can reduce our stress and encourage us to continue with healthy habits for positive changes in our life.
I write and share my most inner feelings without fear of judgment. I express my gratitude for the lessons and challenges that I have faced. Being grateful is the cornerstone of life! The more thankful, the more abundance you will attract. It is a universal and spiritual law.
You can buy a diary, print off some sheets from the internet for guidance, or open a working document on your computer as long as you can access it easily.
As with anything, it gets easier to write in your journal when it becomes part of your routine. I love going back in time to see what some of my challenges were and the list of things I appreciated. Our needs and wants change over time. I am often surprised by the personal changes in my life since then. And the special gifts that found their way into my life unexpectedly.
I always gift my new clients a journal at the outset of our coaching programs. They are delighted and inspired to write their daily thoughts, frustrations, and most importantly, their little daily successes or challenges.
The best things in life are free!
If you are not a writer, you can create a list of life categories and challenge yourself to find something within each category. OR you can meditate or pray to express gratitude. Close your eyes, breathe deeply and feel the warmth in your heart center.
For instance: Chose your home. When you wake up in the morning, be grateful for your bed, its sheets, pillows, and warm comforts. The next day, pick something else in your room or another room. And before you know it, you are grateful for all the items in your home! And watch the new additions come to your home!
Here are examples to help you on your road of gratitude, health, wealth, and abundant prosperity:
- Your essence and health: Your life spark allows you to open your eyes to the wonders of this planet. Being able to breathe freely, meditate, think, and take care of yourself spiritually, mentally, and emotionally are true gifts from the universe.
- Your home: the furniture, accessories, as well as the love, warmth, and comfort it brings.
- Personal belongings: clothing, jewelry, shoes, etc., which dress you up to be the most beautiful version of yourself.
- Food: at home or enjoying a meal in a restaurant or at a friend’s house, nourish and heal you.
- Family, Friends & Pets: provide love and light often at even deeper spiritual soul levels.
- Bosses, mentors, or colleagues at work: that inspire you or you inspire them to learn and grow.
- Small successful milestones: 15-minute walks in the park, helping your neighbour, sharing stories and making people laugh, etc.
- Transportation: a personal vehicle or access to public transit that helps you get to important places.
Today, I am grateful for the inspiration to write this blog article. I thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to read it. Blessings!
What are YOU grateful for today?
With grace and gratitude,
Your Luminary Guide